Oven roasted Brussels spouts, cooked with some delicious chunks of pancetta and seasoned to perfection….who needs more in life? So delicious and these are super simple.
Would you believe that until recently, I had never attempted to make them on my own? I was intimidated by the process of prepping the sprouts and lacked ambition to find the perfect recipe (turns out there are a ton of great ones out there!). So, I did 2 things…I bought already prepared Brussels sprouts and made my own recipe. I was inspired by this one over on A Family Feast. And it just so happens….these veggies are a cinch to make.
One thing I will mention: If you live a low-carb lifestyle, it’s important to monitor your intake of Brussels sprouts. One serving is typically only about 4 sprouts and comes with 8-10g carbs. So don’t go crazy and measure your portions. But you can definitely still enjoy these in all their glory. Especially this recipe!
Give it a try!
- 1.5 lbs Brussels Sprouts
- 1 tbl Bacon Grease
- 1 tbl Olive Oil
- 8 oz Pacetta
- Kosher Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Clean and trim Brussels sprouts if not using prepared produce (cut off the ends and slice in half).
- Place the Brussels sprouts in a large bowl and drizzle with oil and bacon grease. Give a quick stir to coat.
- Pour the Brussels sprouts in a single layer onto a large sheet pan.
- Sprinkle pancetta evenly over sprouts.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes, turning at the halfway point (they will be slightly blacked and have crispy edges when finished).
- Eat and enjoy!
If you like this article and want more of it, let know! Subscribe to the Plowing Forward for the freshest posts (look below!) and please spread the word with anyone who may benefit from this information.
Thanks for stopping by and until next time, keep Plowing Forward!