Who doesn’t love a chocolaty, fluffy dessert that is totally on point with your diet? I made a test-batch of this Low Carb Chocolate Mousse Pie recipe for my family and they loved it so much…not everyone even got a piece! That doesn’t happen often! …and I was instructed not to show up with only one pie next time. What a great feeling! 🙂
So I made another and -boom- it totally proved with sharing here with you all. You’ve got to try it!
Here’s what I love about this Chocolate Mousse Pie:
1) It’s low carb (only about 8 carbs per slice).
2) It’s gluten free.
3) It is very easy to make (though it does take a bit of time with the 3 steps).
4) The texture is incredibly smooth and light. It is not a heavy dessert, but it is decadent.
5) The ingredients can easily be found in most grocery stores.
It is important in this recipe to give the necessary parts time: let the crust cool, let the filling completely set up and make sure the pie is completely chilled and set up before serving (otherwise it doesn’t hold up very well and serves up sloppy…though still delicious!).
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Serve Granulated Sweetener
- 5 Tbl salted butter - melted
- Chocolate Mousse Filling
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 salted butter
- 3 oz unsweetened dark chocolate - chopped
- 3 Tbl cocoa powder
- 6 Tbl Swerve Granular Sweetener
- pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbl Swerve Powdered Sweetener
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 oz sugar-free dark chocolate (grated)
- (CRUST)Lightly grease 9 inch pie pan.
- Whisk together almond flour, cocoa powder and Swerve. Stir in melted butter.
- Press mixture evenly into the bottom and up the sides of pie dish.
- (CHOCOLATE MOUSSE FILLING) In a sauce pan, combine cream, almond milk and butter. Slowly bring to a full boil, stirring constantly. Once it hits a boil, remove from the heat.
- In a blender or food processor, add unsweetened chopped chocolate, cocoa powder, salt and Swerve. Pour in hot cream mixture and CAREFULLY blend until smooth (making sure lid is on tight to avoid burns!).
- Add eggs one at a time to blender, mixing thoroughly after each addition.
- Pour Chocolate Mousse Filling into chilled pie crust and refrigerate for a minimum of one hour.
- (TOPPING) Beat heavy whipping with Swerve and vanilla until stiff peak forms.
- Pile on top of chilled pie, taking it out to the edges.
- Shave unsweetened chocolate over the top.
Can I tell you how special you are? If you sign up for my totally-free Monday Motivation series, I’ll pop a short and sweet email to you every Monday! It will help you start your week out on the right foot with perspective and gratitude. Why not?